Donnerstag, 14. November 2013

London by night

11th November


My trip began with the Tube. I travelled to Oxford Circus at sunset. After finding the way out of the station I walked through Oxford Street to Piccadilly Circus. My first impression of this place was: WOW, it looks like Times Square with the traffic of Italy!
My next stop was Covent Garden. It is a nice place where I found some theatres and a restaurant of Jamie Oliver.Then I moved southwards to the Thames, on the way I came to Bush House - a really, really big and grandiose complex. Some metres away there was a pub called "The Wellington" where I took a short rest. After that I walked across Waterloo Bridge. You have a good view over the Thames with the skyline of the town. 


At the end of the bridge I turned right and stood in front of the Royal Festival Hall, a giant festival hall. I walked three minutes and I stood in front of the London Eye. It looks really great with its blue colour and Westminster in the background.



Next to the London Eye is the County Hall with the Dungeon and the Sea Life. So, I moved on and suddenly I stood at the beginning of Westminster Bridge. There you can go some steps down and you have a very good view of the Palace of Westminster and Big Ben.I crossed the bridge and stood in front of Big Ben. It looks beautiful. Then I thought, I can watch Westminster Abbey. It looks fascinating. In front of the Abbey there are crowns for the fallen soldiers of World War I and II.


Then I went back to the next underground station, Westminster, and went back to my London host family in Woodford.

Author: Philipp O.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen